Crispy and fragrant, this recipe for sardine samosas with an artichoke, onion and faisselle heart is a delight.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 large sardine fillets
- 4 heartsartichokes
- 1 pink onion from Roscoff
- 40 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tbsp. buckwheat honey
- 100 g of faisselle
- 8 pastry sheets
- Fleur de sel, freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Cut the sardine fillets in half, keep them in the fridge.
- Dice the artichoke hearts.
- Peel and mince the pink onion.
- In a skillet, melt half the butter, add the chopped onion, cook without coloring for 3 minutes, then add the diced artichokes.
- Season with fleur de sel and pepper, mix and pour in the honey.
- In a salad bowl, arrange the faisselle and the cooked artichokes. Mix and adjust the seasoning.
- Melt the rest of the butter. Cut the pastry sheets in half. Brush them with the melted butter. Place the faisselle preparation on each pastry sheet, place half a sardine fillet, season with fleur de sel and pepper. Close the pastry sheet and repeat until exhausted.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Serve hot, accompanied by sautéed vegetables or vegetable caviar.
Find out more about sardines
Sardine: Caught in the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, sardines are most often prepared to be canned, preserved in olive or vegetable oil, in a sauce (tomato, mustard, others ...), or even in water or broth (less fat). It is also excellent barbecued (hollowed out and scaled before grilling ... or not) as an accompaniment to summer vegetables.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan